We had our first outing this past Sunday, and it was all we could ask for — weather was perfect, company was nice, and we got a whole gang of tasty berries.
Items of note:
- Serviceberries! These are a new addition this year, and me, Lisandro and Aubrey were pretty wary of them since we didn’t know what they looked like and had never eaten them. We eventually took a leap of faith and ate them. They’re great! Everyone I know minus one person loves them. To put it another way, serviceberries are also known as sugar plums. Now you know what those kids were dreaming about the night before Christmas. And, now that I know what they look like, I’m spotting them everywhere, so check out the food map for some places, and I can point you to some more if you’re having trouble finding them.
- People! We had an enthusiastic bunch of volunteers along with us. Trang, Pam, Hillary, Kirsten, Dougall and Maria — thanks a ton! I really hope we have yall out with us again sometime soon. We also encountered two lovely ladies while we were out picking serviceberries who were extremely complimentary of Concrete Jungle and they said our mothers had raised us right. Who could argue with that?
- Pie! You probably some idea of what happened here.
- Photos! You can see what you missed out on at our photo stream.
- Data! Now that we’re off to a new year our donation counter has reset and if you click on it you’ll get some brand new graphs that we’re looking forward to filling up over the next couple of months.
See you on Sunday!